Sunday, September 6, 2009

bald and loving it

need i say more? i decided to have it done yesterday. I told you im impulsive and when i decided to get something done, I'll do it or i wont get any sleep.

I got it done in a barbershop and not in some fancy salon. I was thinking a barbershop will suit me just fine, they shaved heads a thousand times for one thing, and youll get a free massage for only 70 pesos.

When i enter the barber shop with my mom and cousins ( yes cousins! all 4 of them and my niece armed with a camera) the lady at the counter thought my cousin is the one getting a haircut and when i said "papa shave ako!"
the lady looked at me in disbelief and i just said "im having chemo."


My mom was crying when the razor hit my head the first time and she cried when we got home and hugged me so tight until i cant breathe. My lola cried when she saw me, that's the first time i saw her cry since she found out that i'm sick. her exact words are " Why did you shaved it? you're only on your 1st chemo,its like saying you dont have any hope for your recovery."

and i told her "IT'S ONLY HAIR, IT WILL GROW BACK." I'm the one who is comforting them because i know this is hurting them and they havent actually accepted it yet. They know im sick but they dont want me to look sick and i cant do anything about that. i cant grant them that one wish.

I will change...physically.


I may look different but i'm still the same old ANNA, you all know and love.


I will not let CANCER change who i am!!!

6 comments:

  1. tama... :) britney alvarez.. ikaw na nga!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tama tama! buhok lang yan! ^^
    And tama tama uli!
    Don't let CANCER change who YOU are!!

    Fight lang ng fight! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're rocking it, luv!!

    Fighting! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, your hair will grow back...do whatever makes you happy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i support!

    Fight!

    -Kai

    ReplyDelete
  6. Words fail me... I fervently hope you lick the maladie.

    Very best wishes.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete